The Roman Forum Greece Tour
An Introduction to
the Hellenic World
At the moment, the planned date of departure is June 14th, arriving the next morning in Athens. After four nights in Athens (from which we will be visiting Delphi and other surrounding sites of importance), we will tour Epidaurus, Mycenae, Sparta/Mystra, and Monemvasia by means of private vans. From Monemvasia we will travel north by boat, staying a night on the island of Hydra, passing Salamis to spend one last evening in the Athens area. Participants may leave for home from Athens on June 26th, but those taking part in the Summer Symposium will fly to Venice. Tour guests attending the Summer Symposium will remain two nights in Venice, proceeding to Gardone on June 28th.
There will be one lecture each day, either by Fr. Munkelt or Dr. Rao, dealing with Greek History and Culture, as well as Early and Byzantine Christian Civilization.
Exact cost is not yet known. Nevertheless, the following sketch is close to accurate, amounting to c. $2,300 (possibly less).
1. Accommodation in double rooms at three star hotels with private bath: c. $50-$90 per person (11 nights, c. $770). Singles extra.
2. Meals: c. $50 for large meal and drinks (11 nights, c. $550)
3. Transport in Van: c. $250 per person
4. Transport in Ferry: c. $150 per person
5. Museum Entrance Fees: c. $200 per person
6. Cost of Guides: to be divided by participants
NB: Participants’ travel costs to and from Greece are not included.